Monday, June 18, 2007

Beach Bag

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok, Ladies, some of you have asked to see a beach bag and I finished one! I was so excited when I found this beautiful Hawaian material on clearance for $2 a yard. I stood in the fabric section, among the rolls of ugly clearance material and stared at this wonderful beachy print. I tried ignoring my bored and impatient children long enough to picture myself, walking in the hot sand with my bright and beautiful handmade quilted beach bag resting under my arm, silently telling myself "I'm not afraid of the water, I'm not afraid of the water." And just as a pile of sand became lodged between my toes and flip flop, my knee gave out and I'm 2 seconds from falling and having a face full of sand when I snap out of my day dream to one of my children running into the back of my leg with the shopping cart. Well, so much for day dreams but the bag looks great, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! You'll be making one for me with the left over fabric, right :)??

ScrappinMommy~ Lisa said...

omg I love it love it love it !!! DID I say I loved it ? Great job!



Lisa

Kathy said...

Very cute Casey!! What next????
By the way your story was too cute! Your description of your daydream in the store then the kids ruin it made me giggle!! Not because of the kids running into your legs but because I can relate!!! Great Job!!